Drug addiction is a devastating problem that’s continuously increasing in all communities worldwide. It is used among people of all age groups which include teens, young adults and even seniors. Addiction is a complex issue that requires immediate treatment. Not only will it affect an addict’s physical and mental health, but it can also affect the people around them. Many already lost their careers and family members due to addiction. Addiction can also result in overdose and death. It is extremely dangerous. It’s advisable to find a rehabilitation center and get admitted immediately.
This a typical treatment process that is used in drug rehabs:
- Detoxification: This helps with getting rid of all the harmful toxins that alcohol and substances contain. In some cases, the detoxification process can have severe symptoms. That is why it’s important to be under medical supervision when detoxing.
- Therapy and counseling: The therapists at rehab centers will work with the patient and find the root problem of the addiction. They will also help the patient to resolve their issues.
- Medication: The professionals at the centers will prescribe medications according to the patient’s needs. Some might require medication to control the withdrawal symptoms, whilst some might be suffering from other mental health issues.
- Evaluation: Some patients might suffer from dual diagnosis. This condition is when people have a drug or alcohol problem in conjunction with a mental health illness.
- After care: After a patient completes their rehab treatment, after care is required to prevent relapse.
How to Find the Right Rehabilitation Center:
Whether you’re seeking drug treatment for yourself or for a loved one, you will need to do the necessary research. Addiction treatment is not a one size fits all kind of process. Each and every individual requires different types of treatment and therapy. When you’re searching for a rehab, ask them if they design special packages for their patients to suit their needs. Most rehabs usually do this, but find out first.
Make a list of all the rehabs that are close to you. Get reviews about them online or by word of mouth. It’s also a great idea to visit these rehab centers. By doing this, you can determine whether the rehab would be a good fit for you. Rehabs also offer different activities that are therapeutic. You should also inquire about this. You will also need to ask about payment and payment methods.
The Difference Between Outpatient and Inpatient Programs:
You can choose between an outpatient program and an inpatient program. Although, an inpatient program is more suitable and highly recommended by professionals, especially for long term users.
Outpatient Rehab Center
This type of treatment program doesn’t require patients to sleep in at the center. They can go back home at the end of the day, after receiving their therapy. This is a more flexible option than inpatient treatment. The professionals will offer the necessary therapy treatment and also prescribe medications as required. The first week of an outpatient program is usually intensive. Thereafter, it becomes less intensive. Cognitive therapy is used in an outpatient program. They also motivate the patients to live a sober life.
Inpatient Rehab Center
Inpatient rehab programs offer a safe, drug-free and stable environment which is essential in the beginning of one’s journey to recovery. It can last anywhere between 28-90 days. This usually depends on the individual’s needs. They also offer a variety of other therapeutic activities such as hiking, art therapy, animal assisted therapy, yoga etc. Each rehab has a different set of activities to offer. The chances of relapse are also reduced with an inpatient program. Round the clock treatment is also offered at inpatient rehab centers.